Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Chris Burroughs <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/11 19:35:17 UTC

Analysing hotspot gc logs

To avoid taking my own thread [1] off on a tangent.  Does anyone have a
reccomendation for a tool to graphical analysis (ie make useful graphs)
out of hoptspot gc logs?  Google searches have turned up several results
along the lines of "go try this zip file" [2].

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg12134.html

[2]
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-gc-use/2009-August/000420.html

Re: Analysing hotspot gc logs

Posted by Ryan King <ry...@twitter.com>.
On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Chris Burroughs
<ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To avoid taking my own thread [1] off on a tangent.  Does anyone have a
> reccomendation for a tool to graphical analysis (ie make useful graphs)
> out of hoptspot gc logs?  Google searches have turned up several results
> along the lines of "go try this zip file" [2].
>
> [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg12134.html
>
> [2]
> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-gc-use/2009-August/000420.html

We use this to pipe the data into ganglia:
https://github.com/jkalucki/jvm-gc-stats YMMV

-ryan