Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2010/04/15 09:58:39 UTC

Re: Can I transfer files from windows to unix using file bindingcomponent.

Hi,
I don't think it's possible directly with file component. However you can use servicemix-vfs which supports a large number of filesystems (cifs, http, etc).
Regards
JB
Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

take a look on the filesystem nomenclature:
http://commons.apache.org/vfs/filesystems.html

You can't access a file with IP address.
As far as I understand, you try to access to an unix machine from windows.
The easiest way using VFS is to use sftp like this:

sftp://username:password@unix_hostname/tmp

Regards
JB

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

As far as I know, even when using servicemix-vfs, you still need some
kind of network file protocol to be able to send files to the remote
unix server, i.e. the server has to have ftp or samba/cifs enabled for
the windows box to be able to access it.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Posted by SJayant <ja...@zensar.in>.