Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by "Brian S. Hayes" <br...@comcast.net> on 2004/03/23 04:52:51 UTC

[Issue][Rev:10157] Unecessary DISPLAY_PREPREND with breadcrumbs with empty trail link attributes

I apologize if this is a known issue in Forrest revision 10157...

In Forrest revision 10157, the breadcrumb trail has an unnecessary display
prepend ( '>' character) when bread crumbs are unspecified (trail/link
attributes set to empty).  This occurs with the default and krysalis skins.
Also, when the trail/link attributes are not empty, no trail is provided
(just the '>').

In looking at the breadcrumb.js source, I would recommend that something
like
   if (crumbs[0][0] == "" and crumbs[0][1] == "") {
   }
be used to conditionally test if the bread crumb trail should be built.

Note that this is not a problem with Forrest 0.5.1.

/Brian

Re: [Issue][Rev:10157] Unecessary DISPLAY_PREPREND with breadcrumbs with empty trail link attributes

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Brian S. Hayes wrote:
> I apologize if this is a known issue in Forrest revision 10157...
>
> In Forrest revision 10157, the breadcrumb trail has an unnecessary display
> prepend ( '>' character) when bread crumbs are unspecified (trail/link
> attributes set to empty).  This occurs with the default and krysalis skins.
> Also, when the trail/link attributes are not empty, no trail is provided
> (just the '>').
>
> In looking at the breadcrumb.js source, I would recommend that something
> like
>    if (crumbs[0][0] == "" and crumbs[0][1] == "") {
>    }
> be used to conditionally test if the bread crumb trail should be built.
>
> Note that this is not a problem with Forrest 0.5.1.

Ok, thanks for the hint.

In fact we should really move to having it display the path using
site.xml or the dirs loke now, but using xslt and not javascript...

             - verba volant, scripta manent -