Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Oleg Sivokon <ol...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/25 19:01:15 UTC

Is it possible to build only the core parts? (no TLF, no PB, no frameworks)

Hello, list.

It's been a long time since I last touched anything Flash / Flex, but
here I need it once again :) I'm trying to build the SDK on Linux, but
I'm really tired from editing the build and trying to eliminate the
parts I don't need.

Long story short: is there a way to only build the compiler and
debugger?
I really don't think I need anything else, no AIR, no framework, just
the tools. The dependency I'm currently trying to resolve is the
PixelBender. Is it necessary to have PB in order to buld the compiler?
If so, why, or how could I side-step this?
Also, does the compiler still require the bogus AS classes it used once
to link assets, or can I run it completely w/o any SWCs, and still be
able to transcode and link assets?

Thanks!

Re: Is it possible to build only the core parts? (no TLF, no PB, no frameworks)

Posted by Lee Burrows <su...@leeburrows.com>.
AFAIK pixelbender is used during sdk build to create shaders (*.pbj) for
ShaderFilter classes within the mx.effects package

--
Lee Burrows
ActionScripter

Re: Is it possible to build only the core parts? (no TLF, no PB, no frameworks)

Posted by Left Right <ol...@gmail.com>.
Oh, I see, thanks, I think I've got MXMLC to compile, haven't tried
Falcon yet. But if I get this job, I'll probably have to, so will also
have to look into what's possible to do with the compiler :)

Best,

Oleg

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.