Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Nutulapati, Krishna" <KN...@ussco.com> on 2008/12/11 17:26:11 UTC

PDF File download from server using jsf,backing bean

Hello All,

My requirement is as follows.

There will be  one hyperlink on the browser (through jsf) by name Help.
Soon after user clicks on the link, a pdf or doc  file has to be
downloaded from the server. I'm planning to keep this pdf/doc file as a
part of ear, while deploying this into server(As this is a static file,
I felt it would be o.k to make this as a part of the ear).

Can you please suggest how efficient the approach is.

Is it just providing hyperlink, and set the location through html, so
that download happens automatically at client end,through window dialog?

Thanks
Krishna.