Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Hans Bergsten <ha...@gefionsoftware.com> on 2001/01/16 03:05:04 UTC

Re: Jakarta PMC Meeting Agenda / Info - What happens if a 3.3 proposal gets a -1

Paulo Gaspar wrote:

> What happens if a 3.3 proposal gets a -1?

Unless another committer can convince whoever votes -1 to change
his vote, it means that 3.3 will not happen. Instead we will
continue to maintain the 3.x code base based on 3.2.1. That's
how decision making is defined for this project, see

  <http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html>

> >From the whole content of your posting I understand that the 3.3
> existence is legal.

Illegal may be to hard, but no one has formally asked for votes
on its release and there's no release plan and no release manager,
all things that we say we should have according to the rules
above.

> What happens if it is proposed again and gets -1.

Same thing.

> What is the difference from voting to stop it?

I guess someone could ask for a vote to stop it instead of a vote
to release it; the rules above only covers votes for doing something,
not stopping something. But I assume the same decision process applies.
The point is that I feel that decisions about the code base should be
done by the committers on this list rather than PMC.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com
Author of JavaServer Pages (O'Reilly), http://TheJSPBook.com

RE: Jakarta PMC Meeting Agenda / Info - What happens if a 3.3 proposal gets a -1

Posted by Paulo Gaspar <pa...@krankikom.de>.
Thank you very much Hans.

Paulo

[...very clear clarification...]