Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2002/12/05 20:41:54 UTC

A possibility? (from: Re: The organization of xml.apache.org)

RE: A possibility? (from: Re: The organization of xml.apache.org)

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> 1) The norm is for every active committer who has been so for a period
> of time (this is approximately 6 months in the case of HTTPD) to become
> a part of the PMC.  Yes, this makes for a large PMC.

That is the policy we have tentatively adopted for James.  IIRC, Stefano
made a similar proposal for another project in another venue, but I don't
feel like looking up the source message.

> 2) Any release done by the project is accomplished via a vote of that PMC.

See: http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html

"After a new release is built, it must be tested before being released to
the public. Majority approval is required before the release can be made.
Once a release is approved by the Committers, the Project Management
Committee can authorize its distribution on behalf of the Foundation."

	--- Noel

Re: A possibility? (from: Re: The organization of xml.apache.org)

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Thursday, December 5, 2002, at 02:41  PM, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Sam Ruby wrote:
>> Further background on the HTTPD PMC model, which a number of people
>> advocate that each project should follow (and, I must admit, I am
>> starting to warm up to):
>> 1) The norm is for every active committer who has been so for a
>> period of time (this is approximately 6 months in the case of HTTPD)
>> to become a part of the PMC.  Yes, this makes for a large PMC.
>> 2) Any release done by the project is accomplished via a vote of that
>> PMC.

+1
-pete