Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Peter Eddy <pe...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/22 00:32:22 UTC

doc_count set to zero even though documents remain

Hi,

I ran into this a few days ago and haven't had a chance to look into
it, but I thought I'd mention it any way.

I was doing some performance testing on some new hardware, I created 1
million test documents (exactly) and then ran various multi-threaded
tests to time document fetch time. I then compacted my database and
shutdown CouchDb well after compaction had finished.

When I restarted CouchDb I found that even though the 1 million
documents are still there, the doc_count value is zero. I can still
fetch the documents without any problem.

I'm using CouchDb 0.8-incubating and Erlang R12B-3 on a 4 core AMD64
Linux box with kernel 2.6.24 SMP. I'm not using replication. I
encountered no errors while loading the database with the test
documents or while running the tests.

thanks,
Peter

Re: doc_count set to zero even though documents remain

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@grabb.it>.
I've seen the same thing -- the easiest way I've had to replicate it
is to rename the database.couch file, after having compacted, and then
compact again. I thought that was a weird enough case that it didn't
matter, but it looks like Peter has been able to cause it without such
odd usage.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com

Re: doc_count set to zero even though documents remain

Posted by Peter Eddy <pe...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

Posted by Damien Katz <da...@apache.org>.