Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ralph Jocham <rj...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/22 00:38:30 UTC

beginner problem

Hi I am trying to compile my whole class tree with
this ant file. But it does not exclude all test
folders. Usually each package contains one.
What is wrong? I also tried to use this script, it is
living above the top level package, to build parts of
the tree using the -find flag. It moves up the folder
structure, but then compiles from where it finds the
build file. Is this the correct behaviour??

TIA
Ralph

<project name="Test" default="compile" basedir=".">
  <!-- set global properties for this build -->
  <property file="L:/java/src/cp.properties"/>
  <property name="src" value="."/>
  <property name="build" value="L:/java/build"/>

  <target name="compile">
    <!-- Compile the java code from ${src} into
${build} -->
    <javac srcdir="${src}"
           destdir="${build}"
 	   debug="on"
 	   classpath="${my_classpath}">
	   <include name="*/**"/>
 	   <include name="*.java"/>
 	   <exclude name="test/**"/>
    </javac>
  </target>
</project>

Re: beginner problem

Posted by David Jencks <da...@directvinternet.com>.
I'm no ant expert, but yes this is correct behavior and you might try
<exclude name="**/test/**"/>

You might mean
<include name="**/*.java"/> also

david jencks