Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Keith Thompson <kt...@binghamton.edu> on 2011/10/28 18:03:28 UTC

retrieving files from hdfs in cygwin

Hi,

I have used Hadoop with Linux successfully and am now trying to use it on a
Windows machine running Cygwin. I ran a job and am now trying to use

bin/hadoop fs -get <source> <destination>

to retrieve the files.  I can an error saying "get: Access is denied."  Any
insights into what may be causing this?  The output is there and I was able
to view it using

bin/hadoop fs -text /path/to/output

*Keith Thompson*
Graduate Research Associate, Xerox Corporation
SUNY Research Foundation
Dept. of Systems Science and Industrial Engineering
Binghamton University
work: 585-422-6587

Re: retrieving files from hdfs in cygwin

Posted by Masoud <ma...@agape.hanyang.ac.kr>.
Hi,
i have exactly same problem, hadoop saving any data in C:,
not in cygvin area, after one day i could not solve the problem yet,

thanks

Posted by Keith Thompson <kt...@binghamton.edu>.

Posted by Mathijs Homminga <ma...@knowlogy.nl>.