Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org> on 2015/09/04 17:11:09 UTC

HBASE-14317 and 1.1.3

Hi folks,

I know we just got through voting periods on three patch releases, but
HBASE-14317 is looking pretty bad by my eye. Given we have a fix on our
end, I'm up for spinning 1.1.3 a couple weeks early. How does the community
feel about it? Users: do you need this patch immediately? PMC: do you have
bandwidth to test yet another round of RC's? I'm not on JIRA yet this
morning; is there other nastiness we should get fixed in an accelerated .3
as well?

Thanks for your thoughts and your time.
-n

Re: HBASE-14317 and 1.1.3

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
that's been the only jira holding up 1.2 RC0. I would expect anything else
worthy of a .3 would similarly impact 1.2.

--
Sean

Re: HBASE-14317 and 1.1.3

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Sean

Re: HBASE-14317 and 1.1.3

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
> PMC: do you have bandwidth to test yet another round of RC's?

Yes, absolutely, and if you'd also like help making the RCs mail me
privately.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy