Posted to dev@helix.apache.org by Gary Steelman <ga...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/21 18:24:39 UTC

Getting Started with YARN and Helix

Hello,

I am new to YARN and its capabilities are great! However, learning to write
YARN code is proving complex and sometimes frustrating. I saw the Helix
team was going to give a talk at Hadoop Summit 2013, but didn't get to.

Your talk sounds like it would have been informative on everything I wish I
could do with YARN. Do you have any materials left from it that I could
see? Presentations or papers or any small code examples?

I think Helix is an amazing tool and I want to learn how to use it and YARN
together like how you were going to present.

Thanks,
Gary

Re: Getting Started with YARN and Helix

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.
Hi Gary,

Thanks for your interest. We don't have any presentation/papers on it yet.
We do have a prototype but its not yet open sourced. We plan to do so
shortly. I am on vacation and will provide more details when i get back
next week.

Would you mind providing more details on your use case.

thanks,
Kishore G