Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Corbin Hoenes <co...@tynt.com> on 2010/07/27 23:09:08 UTC

mapred.min.split.size

Is there a way to set the mapred.min.split.size property in pig? I set it but doesn't seem to have changed the mapper's HDFS_BYTES_READ counter.  My mappers are finishing ~10 secs.  I have ~20,000 of them.

Re: mapred.min.split.size

Posted by Corbin Hoenes <co...@tynt.com>.
I've upgraded to pig 0.8 and still not able to correctly set the input split
size.  It still defaults to DFS block size:

here are the params I set via the cmd line:
-Dmapred.min.split.size=512MB -Dpig.maxCombinedSplitSize=512MB
-Dpig.splitCombination=false

I'm starting to wonder if the ChukwaLoader isn't respecting the splits.
Anyone actually got this working?

Re: mapred.min.split.size

Posted by Corbin Hoenes <co...@tynt.com>.

RE: mapred.min.split.size