Posted to repository@apache.org by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com> on 2003/03/02 02:53:51 UTC

Initial Requirments list

 Restarting discusion on this list.
This is a top of my head list of requirements for the Apache Jar
Repository  (AJR)

    *  ASF Repository shall
          o only host  artifacts approved by a PMC
          o be  accessible to the public  via http
          o be mirrorable.
          o allow  browsing and downloding of artifacts by humans via
            normal web browser
    * ASF Repository should
          o provide metadata about a project,
                + its components
                + its dependencies
                +  its artifacts
                +  list of version available
                +  url's to find specific versions of an artifact.
          o  Provide tools for the management of the project metadata
          o Allow for low cost maintance by hand without tool support.
    * ASF Repository not

    * ASF Repository shall not
          o Host any artifact in violation of a license, or IPR.

Lets improve the list and post it on the wiki.

R,
Nick

Nick Chalko                                         Show me the code.
                          Centipede
  Ant + autodownloadable build plugins + needed jars autodownload.
              http://krysalis.org/centipede

RE: Initial Requirments list

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Lets improve the list and post it on the wiki.

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ASFRepository

	--- Noel