Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by hideki tihiri <hi...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/28 09:38:13 UTC

java.lang.NullPointerException at at org.apache.axis2.clustering.tribes.TribesClusterManager.initializeSystem(TribesClusterManager.java:288)

Hi,

we have added clustering to Axis2.

All tests were successfull yesterday (tested on 1 machine with 2 Tomcat
instances - Windows 2003 server - Tomcat 6.0.x ).

When restarting the Tomcats this morning we got following error:

SEVERE: Servlet /betrust_server threw load() exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at
org.apache.axis2.clustering.tribes.TribesClusterManager.initializeSystem(TribesClusterManager.java:288)

THe problem keeps coming back, even after removing the work/cataline
directory (to 'clean-up' the Tomcat instances).

Has any had this problem and more important, any one could solve the problem
?

Note: On my laptop I experienced the same problem. The first time clustering
is used is works, but after restarting (?) Tomcat this error shows up.

!!!! ==> Even after complete removal of the context, clearing
the Tomcat work directory and redeployment of the context the problem keeps
coming back !!!!!

We are completely blocked now.

We added clustering in the axis2.xml as follows:

 <cluster class="org.apache.axis2.clustering.tribes.TribesClusterManager">
 <contextManager
class="org.apache.axis2.clustering.context.DefaultContextManager">
        <listener
class="org.apache.axis2.clustering.context.DefaultContextManagerListener"/>
        <replication>
            <defaults>
                <exclude name="local_*"/>
                <exclude name="LOCAL_*"/>
            </defaults>
            <context class="org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContext">
                <exclude name="*"/>
                <!--
                <exclude name="SequencePropertyBeanMap"/>
                <exclude name="NextMsgBeanMap"/>
                <exclude name="RetransmitterBeanMap"/>
                <exclude name="StorageMapBeanMap"/>
                <exclude name="CreateSequenceBeanMap"/>
                <exclude name="ConfigContextTimeoutInterval"/>
                <exclude name="ContainerManaged"/>
                -->
            </context>
            <context class="org.apache.axis2.context.ServiceGroupContext">
                <exclude name="*"/>
                <!--
                <exclude name="my.sandesha.*"/>
                -->
            </context>
            <context class="org.apache.axis2.context.ServiceContext">
                <exclude name="my.sandesha.*"/>
            </context>
        </replication>
     </contextManager>
   </cluster>

H.

Re: java.lang.NullPointerException at at org.apache.axis2.clustering.tribes.TribesClusterManager.initializeSystem(TribesClusterManager.java:288)

Posted by hideki tihiri <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

on as side note:

1) Where can I find more information regarding the parameters that can be
used in the  <contextManager
class="org.apache.axis2.clustering.context.DefaultContextManager"> element ?
Can I define a backup node for one Tomcat  (so not all Tomcats in the group
get all messages) ?
2) What is the relationship with :
http://wso2.org/library/articles/wso2-carbon-cluster-configuration-language
Can I also use this one ? Seems that there are a lot more options to define
?
Thx in advance.

H.