Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Nguyen, Joe" <jn...@automotive.com> on 2008/10/24 03:29:54 UTC

multicore admin interface

Hi,
I have two cores.  When each core references the same dataDir, I could
access the core admin interface.  However, when core1 dirData is
referencing one directory, and core2 another directory, I could not
access the admin interface.

Any idea?

//each core references a different dir
<!-- <dataDir>${solr.data.dir:./solr/multicore/myCore1/data}</dataDir>
-->

//both cores reference the same dir
<dataDir>${solr.data.dir:./solr/data}</dataDir>

Re: multicore admin interface

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Subject: multicore admin interface
: Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 18:29:54 -0700

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack
Thread Hijacking on Mailing Lists

When starting a new discussion on a mailing list, please do not reply to
an existing message, instead start a fresh email.  Even if you change the
subject line of your email, other mail headers still track which thread
you replied to and your question is "hidden" in that thread and gets less
attention.   It makes following discussions in the mailing list archives
particularly difficult.
See Also:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_hijacking

: I have two cores.  When each core references the same dataDir, I could
: access the core admin interface.  However, when core1 dirData is
: referencing one directory, and core2 another directory, I could not
: access the admin interface.

1) i can't think of any reason why two cores could/should use the same
dataDir -- i'm amazed it even works.

2) in the case where you "could not access the admin interface" can you
please post your full solr.xml file, the URL you are trying to access, and
what shows up in the logs when you do so.

-Hoss