Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2019/12/02 17:47:57 UTC

Re: JDK 14 - Early Access build 25 is available

On 29/11/2019 09:58, Rory O'Donnell wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> *OpenJDK builds  - JDK 14 *- Early Access build 25 is available at
> http://jdk.java.net/14/

Tomcat 9.0.x builds without issue, the unit tests pass (on Linux) and a
quick smoke test doesn't identify any issues.

LGTM.

Mark

Re: JDK 14 - Early Access build 25 is available

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 6:48 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 29/11/2019 09:58, Rory O'Donnell wrote:
> > Hi Mark,
> >
> > *OpenJDK builds  - JDK 14 *- Early Access build 25 is available at
> > http://jdk.java.net/14/
>
> Tomcat 9.0.x builds without issue, the unit tests pass (on Linux) and a
> quick smoke test doesn't identify any issues.

Something odd. Since I now follow OWB dev for the module, I noticed a
commit about sun.misc.Unsafe being moved to jdk.internal.misc.Unsafe. I got
the 14EA to verify, and indeed in the source that's the case. However,
despite this the existing classname still works.

To switch to the new classname [which also works], it needs an additional
--add-opens=java.base/jdk.internal.misc=ALL-UNNAMED as well as extra
classload attempt (I don't think adding a new JDK level is justified since
this is the only change at the moment and the Unsafe class still has the
same invokeCleaner method).

Rémy

Posted by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com>.
Many Thanks Mark.