Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alex Orlov <oo...@mail.ru.INVALID> on 2020/07/03 15:41:09 UTC

Re[2]: How does surefire 3.0.0-M5 run JPMS with junit5?

Hi Tibor,

Thank you for your answer. I’ve read the link you provided but didn’t find the
answer to my question. I don’t have any questions about how to run jpms tests.
I can’t understand how tests are executed without junit platform in boot layer.
As I understand we have the following chain:
maven → surefire → junit-platform-launcher → junit-platform-engine.

However, I can’t find maven, surefire, launcher, engine in boot layer. How
does it work? Could you explain what magic I miss?

Alex

--
Alex Orlov

Re: Re[2]: How does surefire 3.0.0-M5 run JPMS with junit5?

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.
I think you are talking about the issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1809
See the last comment, the workaround is to set
<useModulePath>false</useModulePath> in plugin config.
Of course this is a temporal workaround.

I have understood the title of the message as you are a fan of JPMS.