Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Bernd Kühl <be...@verdisoft.com> on 2004/12/07 15:11:42 UTC

WebDav LOCK and MOVE question

Hello,

I want to upload a file to a web server. Several machines maybe try in parallel to upload the same file. Therefore locking is needed to allow only one upload. Moreover I have to ensure that no other machine downloads the file before the complete upload is done. So the algorithm I have in mind goes like this:

0) Check whether the file already exists on the file server. If yes => done
1) Lock non existing temporary file.
2) Upload the bytes to the locked temporary file.
3) Move the temporary file to the destination name.
4) Unlock the lock.

Unfortunately it seems that I'm to dump and/or have not enough knowledge about WebDay and the slide WebDav client library to implement the algorithm. Who is able to help me?

Thx!

Bernd

--
Bernd Wellhöfer                     VerdiSoft GmbH
Phone: +49 40 280054-24             Süderstraße 77

Re: WebDav LOCK and MOVE question

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.
What is the WebDAV server you are programming to? Slide? If so, just
upload the file.

Oliver