Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net> on 2004/12/21 07:32:51 UTC

70_sare_spoof.cf vis a vis paypal

PayPal seems to have started using PostDirect for their email service.
So the PayPal spoof test is breaking, rather dramatically.

=============
From: PayPal <pa...@email.paypal.com>
Subject: Changes to Winning Buyer Notification Email
To: "Joanne Dow" <jd...@earthlink.net>
===========

(XXX replaces my internal address.)

{^_^}

Re: 70_sare_spoof.cf vis a vis paypal

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Kelson" <ke...@speed.net>

> jdow wrote:
> > PayPal seems to have started using PostDirect for their email service.
> > So the PayPal spoof test is breaking, rather dramatically.
>
> It looks like this has already been taken care of at PostDirect's end.
> Reverse DNS for 206.165.246.85 now resolves to email-85.paypal.com.
>
> Once the DNS change propagates, it should be fine.
>
> --
> Kelson Vibber
> SpeedGate Communications <www.speed.net>

I did send them a nasty gram, that turned nasty after trying to post
the message as a phish attempt to their website and having it rejected
as having illegal characters in it, about this state of affairs. When I
got their email acknowledge I pasted the message to a reply. I'm afraid
I was a little less than courteous and not at all forgiving about giving
such a financial phish a score over 100 and not being willing to CONSIDER
changing that.

(The emails come from a set of different addresses. This was the second
one they sent me via PhishDirect.)

{^_^}

Re: 70_sare_spoof.cf vis a vis paypal

Posted by Kelson <ke...@speed.net>.