Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Dru Devore <dd...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/01 12:41:34 UTC

Tomcat EJB3 and Webservice problem

I am REALLY new to openejb, though not ejbs, and I am having problems.

I am trying to deploy a project developed in NetBeans for Glassfish to
Tomcat/OpenEJB. I need to develop a method of reliably deploying a project
being developed in NB as an enterprise project using GF as the server to
Tomcat/OpenEJB. I am going to explain the project then tell you what I have
attempted with the hopes it will be enough information to get something
working. So on with the situation.

I have 2 projects, part of an enterprise project in NB, They are OH-war and
OH-ejb. The war contains a set of services that access the stateless session
beans (3.0) in the OH-ejb project, it also contains a servlet that starts a
timer to perform a scheduled task that is also in an ejb from the OH-ejb
project. I know the task and services are setup properly and they run
without problems in GF though I cannot get any of it to work in TC/OEJB.

What I have tried:
I was told that I should be able to simply throw the war file from NB in the
webapps directory and it will work. Well it didn't really work so much.

I think I have the OpenEJB installed correctly because the install seemed to
work and it says it deploys it when the server comes up. I can see it saying
that it is deploying /openejb and the /OH-war projects but that is just
about all the good there is.

1. I can't find a wsdl anywhere, in a browser or on the HD, so the services
are unaccessable.

2. As for the servlet, I put prints in the init around where it starts the
task for timing and they are simply not being printed out. Figuring that it
might be the @EJB in the servlet that might be making it not work correctly
I removed everything related to EJBs.

At this time I don't have any idea what it is doing but I can say that it is
not doing what I thought I was asking it to do...

If anyone has any suggestions I would be willing to try them. If anyone has
any examples of web services or servlets I will look at them also. I know it
must be something I am doing I just don't know what it is..

--
Dru Devore
The best Christian community now online.

Re: Tomcat EJB3 and Webservice problem

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
hummm... that sounds strange

What version of OpenEJB and Tomcat are you using?  The integration has
gotten quite a few bug fixes since 3.0-beta2 and I suggest you use the
latest builds.  The 3.0 branch is very stable and we are about to
release it, so it is safe to use.  The integration instruction are
here http://openejb.apache.org/tomcat.html and you can find a recent
build of the war here http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/openejb/openejb-tomcat-webapp/3.0-SNAPSHOT/

Web services can be a bit tricky to get working, but most problems are
quickly identifiable by checkin the openejb.log file written to the
tomcat/logs directory.  Specifically, we write the wsdl URLs to that
log.

-dain