Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by 4j...@snafu.de on 2003/04/03 13:32:03 UTC

Experiences with running Jetspeed at other environments then linux + tomcat

Hello,

I am working with Jetspeed (1.4-b3) for several months now on an experimental
level. I have built a demo portal changing almost everything one can change at
the configuration, templates, portlets a.s.o. I must say, I like Jetspeed very
much.

It's running at Linux Suse 8.1 Professional distribution with Apache
Tomcat/4.1.18 and JDK 1.3.1_04. Very nice I must say, provided there is enough
memory available :-)

I am wondering what other environments are out there in the world which are
running stable. I have searched all the mailing lists and read about 100 posts
on that subject and had to learn, that there are quite a lot major or minor
problems getting it run on other systems. What I found was, that Linux + Tomcat
+ Jetspeed is okay and Linux + WebSphere5 + Jetspeed is okay.

But what with other configurations? I would like to promote Jetspeed to be used
at my company but the environments here are quite different. Mostly commercial
operating systems (AIX, Solaris, zOS) and products (WebLogic, BES, ....).

So can you give other reliable combinations of OS + AppS including versions one
could work with (or worth to test)?

Thanx very much in advance!

Paul

Re: Experiences with running Jetspeed at other environments then linux + tomcat

Posted by joni santoso <st...@plasa.com>.
On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 11:32:03 GMT
  4jmlists@snafu.de wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am working with Jetspeed (1.4-b3) for several months
>now on an experimental
>level. I have built a demo portal changing almost
>everything one can change at
>the configuration, templates, portlets a.s.o. I must say,
>I like Jetspeed very
>much.

Can I have it for reviewing it :) I am also learning it
but seems that the tutorials are a few. I am looking for
how to write dynamic portlets.