Posted to dev@curator.apache.org by Cameron McKenzie <ca...@apache.org> on 2020/05/19 00:58:26 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Curator version 5.0.0

Hello,

This is the vote for Apache Curator version 5.0.0

*** Please download, test and vote within approx. 72 hours

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag) and binaries are provided for
convenience.

Link to release notes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314425&version=12347240

Staging repo:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/curator/5.0.0/

Binary artifacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecurator-1049

The tag to be voted upon:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=curator.git;a=commit;h=e0bb2fb251dd0ad3a75d829ad94d6f9e02c5461c

Curator's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://www.apache.org/dist/curator/KEYS

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Curator version 5.0.0

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
> In other words, can I just replace Curator jars on an application built for
> 4.x?

As long as your Curator 4.x app targets ZooKeeper 3.5.x you should be binary compatible. However, there are a very few breaking changes (and thus the major version number increment) that we document here: https://github.com/apache/curator/blob/master/src/site/confluence/breaking-changes.confluence <https://github.com/apache/curator/blob/master/src/site/confluence/breaking-changes.confluence> (the formatting will be better when we generate the website). Note: we have a new module that tests against ZooKeeper 3.5.x: https://github.com/apache/curator/tree/master/curator-test-zk35

Is there a particular concern you have?

-Jordan

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Run tests on MacOs + JDK14
checked checksums and signatures.
Run tests of a Apache BookKeeper on JDK8
Run tests of a few other non OS applications on JDK11 and JDK14

I have checked binary compatibility for all of my use cases

thank you Cameron

Enrico

Posted by Cameron McKenzie <mc...@gmail.com>.
Ok, no problem.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Cameron McKenzie <mc...@gmail.com>.
Enrico,

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Cameron,

Posted by shay shimony <sh...@gmail.com>.
Run tests - all pass
Checked hash
Checked signature

+1 binding

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
FYI - I built the 5.0 website and pushed it. You can see it here:

http://curator.apache.org/staging/index.html <http://curator.apache.org/staging/index.html>

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
Hashes match
Signature verifies
All tests pass (when's the last time we could say that?)

+1 Binding

-Jordan