Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Mu Kong <ko...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/19 00:31:00 UTC

Question about Streaming Cube: Correct Kafka version

Hi,

I was trying to follow this post to create a streaming cube:
http://kylin.apache.org/docs20/tutorial/cube_streaming.html

When I tried to run a build from web GUI, there was nothing happening in
the web GUI page.
So, I tried to use RESTful API, but only got following exception:

"exception":"org.apache.kafka.clients.consumer.KafkaConsumer.assign(Ljava/util/Collection;)V"

The Kafka I used is 0.8, I wonder if it is the Kafka version is not
supported caused this exception.
Is it the case that Kylin does not, and will not, support Kafka v.0.8?

Best regards,
Mu

Re: Question about Streaming Cube: Correct Kafka version

Posted by Billy Liu <bi...@apache.org>.
Hi  Mu kong,

Kafka 0.8 is not on plan. But the 0.8 adaptation feature is welcomed very
much.

Posted by Mu Kong <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Billy!

Posted by Billy Liu <bi...@apache.org>.