Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Dawid Weiss <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/05 11:40:42 UTC

Timeline of upgrade to Lucene 3.0.

Hi there,

Is there any upgrade path to Lucene 3.0 in the plans? I ask because
the head of Carrot2 is using Lucene 3.0 (and there are certain
incompatible API signatures, as it turns out). An upgrade to the next
planned Carrot2 3.2.0 release would bring the benefit of not having to
download external JARs (we replaced all the LGPL code and persuaded
simple-xml author to switch to the Apache license).

Corresponding Carrot2 issue for this is here:
http://issues.carrot2.org/browse/CARROT-623

Dawid

Re: Timeline of upgrade to Lucene 3.0.

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@gmail.com>.
Ah, thanks Robert -- should have checked it first myself. I'll wait
for this to be complete then and proceed with C2 patches.

Dawid

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dawid,

--