Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org> on 2013/07/09 23:46:26 UTC

[VOTE] Promote gzip Plugin

The gzip plugin has received a lot of field testing.
Many of our users and developers have been using it in
production under various versions of ATS.

It's high time we promote it!

--
Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org

Re: [VOTE] Promote gzip Plugin

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.
with 5 +1s we can close this vote and promote gzip
from to stable.

now who's volunteering to write the docs ;)

-- i

--
Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org

Re: [VOTE] Promote gzip Plugin

Posted by Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Promote gzip Plugin

Posted by Igor Brezac <ig...@ypass.net>.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-1666

Re: [VOTE] Promote gzip Plugin

Posted by Igor Brezac <ig...@ypass.net>.
On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 5:52 PM, James Peach <jp...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jul 9, 2013, at 3:46 PM, Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org> wrote:
>

> > The gzip plugin has received a lot of field testing.
> > Many of our users and developers have been using it in
> > production under various versions of ATS.
> >
> > It's high time we promote it!
>
> +1

The plugin did not work for us (traffic_server seg faulted quite a bit
under moderate load ~100QPS)

ming_zym mentioned to try CONFIG proxy.config.http.share_server_sessions
INT 1, but I have not tested that yet.

-Igor

Re: [VOTE] Promote gzip Plugin

Posted by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 3:52 PM, James Peach <jp...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jul 9, 2013, at 3:46 PM, Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org> wrote:
>

> > The gzip plugin has received a lot of field testing.
> > Many of our users and developers have been using it in
> > production under various versions of ATS.
> >
> > It's high time we promote it!
>
> +1

+1

Re: [VOTE] Promote gzip Plugin

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.
On Jul 9, 2013, at 3:46 PM, Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org> wrote:

> The gzip plugin has received a lot of field testing.
> Many of our users and developers have been using it in
> production under various versions of ATS.
>
> It's high time we promote it!

+1

Re: [VOTE] Promote gzip Plugin

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.