Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es> on 2007/09/07 08:38:04 UTC

Using ivy for dependency management?

Hi all,

I am wondering whether the project is interested in using ivy for
resolving the dependencies.

I am using ivy in a couple of different java projects that I am involved
with and I have start it to love it.

That would e.g. get rid of "JUnit not found." since it would be resolved
during the build.

I volunteer to set up solr to use ivy to resolve the dependencies if the
project is interested.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/

Re: Using ivy for dependency management?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
I'm open to letting other build systems flourish if folks want them.
As long as I can "svn co" and build Solr without too much hassle
(other than installing a build tool and a JDK) I'm happy :)

There is a contingent of Maven freaks in the Lucene world these days,
and Lucene is getting better Mavenized.   I have a feeling that the
Mavenization will creep into Solr too.  Let it be. :)

	Erik