Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by simone cecchini <si...@kiosco.org> on 2001/02/02 18:44:47 UTC

weird startup exception - cocoon 1.8.2 and ibm jvm

hi people,
i am trying to update to cocoon 1.8.2 from a 1.8 release. i am using ibm jvm (jre 1.3), on a winnt4.0 system. i report you an exception excerpt (forgive the pun ;-) ), while connecting to http://localhost:8080/cocoon/cocoon.xml or i try to load any other page

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error while initializing XSP engine: org.xml.sax.SAXNotRecognizedException: http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema
	at java.lang.Throwable.&lt;init&gt;(Throwable.java:96)
	at java.lang.Exception.&lt;init&gt;(Exception.java:44)
	at org.xml.sax.SAXException.&lt;init&gt;(SAXException.java:45)

accordingly to the configuration that comes out of the box, validation of xml docs is disabled.
i have taken care to put all the jars well ordered in the classpath and, as a proof of this, cocoon works fine if i just switch to sun jdk 1.3 in my tomcat.bat file! (as a matter of fact, even with sun's jvm, you have to put
selfservlet.uri = /cocoon.xml instead of the default
selfservlet.uri = /Cocoon.xml into cocoon.properties, not to obtain an error to the request http://localhost:8080/cocoon/cocoon.xml this may be due to the browser i used: ie5.5, i will check tomorrow).
has anyone succeded in setting up cocoon 1.8.2 in a similar environment? can i rely on cocoon working with ibm jvm? please, let me know.
bye