Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2005/08/29 21:39:12 UTC

target="_blank" and other tricks (Re: New Forrest site to add to list!)

Helena Edelson wrote:
> Hi
> Just tested this:
> http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/document-v20.html#link-class
>
> doesn't accept target param in formats:
>
> <a class="fork" href="../index.html"> <../index.html>
> <a class="jump" href="../index.html"> <../index.html>
>
> for Document V2.0.
> This is key for branding one site and offering a link to another while
> not directing user off the original site.

I don't understand your problem. I thought you originally you said you
want to create an <a> link with target="_blank" in your output.

The above page describes exactly how to do that. If you look at the
generated source for this page you will see that <a class="fork"
href="../index.html"> in the input XDoc gets translated to <a
target="_blank" class="fork" href="../index.html"> in the output HTML.

Isn't this what you want? If not please explain exactly what your
problem is because I must have misunderstood your problem.

Ross

Re: New Forrest site to add to list!

Posted by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.
I should have asked.  It'll be in the next time it gets published.
Thanks,
--tim

Posted by Helena Edelson <he...@greenjaguar.com>.

Posted by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.
On 8/29/05, Helena Edelson <he...@greenjaguar.com> wrote:
> can we be on the Example Sites page of Forrest Site?
> http://forrest.apache.org/live-sites.html
> ??
>
> our site is http://thesummitjournal.com/
>
> many thanks to all the Forrest developers.
>
> Holly

You are, kind of.  I've made the addition, I've just not yet learned
how to publish it live.  A fine time to learn I suppose....  either
way, it should show up in the next day or so.
--tim

New Forrest site to add to list!

Re: target="_blank" and other tricks (Re: New Forrest site to add to list!)

Posted by Helena Edelson <he...@greenjaguar.com>.
Thank you.
I have a clean javascript that pops up a pre-sized window but I don't
think I can implement it on forrest and frankly, i hate javascript.
I get what you are saying and agree, it's just painful to intentionally
provide a link that sends users off a site.

Holly

Posted by Helena Edelson <he...@greenjaguar.com>.