Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@exoffice.com> on 2000/05/01 20:41:26 UTC

[Catalina] Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/proposals/catalina/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/servlets DefaultServlet.java

> craigmcc    00/04/30 18:53:55
>
>   Modified:    proposals/catalina/src/share/org/apache/tomcat
>                         HttpRequest.java
>                proposals/catalina/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/core
>                         ApplicationContext.java LocalStrings.properties
>                         StandardContext.java StandardWrapperValve.java
>                proposals/catalina/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/servlets
>                         DefaultServlet.java
>   Added:       proposals/catalina/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/core
>                         ApplicationDispatcher.java WrappedRequest.java
>   Log:
>   Remove duplication method declaration from HttpRequest -- isSecure() is
>   already declared in Request.
>
>   Correct the context mapping for the default servlet -- the requested
>   resource should be passed as getServletPath(), not getPathInfo().

It seems broken for servlet invocation.
When I invoke http://127.0.0.1/servlet/org.exolab.slide.webdav.Webdav

SlideDAV Request Info

Encoding : ISO-8859-1
Length : 0
Type : null

Parameters

Protocol : HTTP/1.1
Address : 127.0.0.1
Host : 127.0.0.1
Scheme : http
Server Name : 127.0.0.1
Server Port : 80

Attributes

HTTP Header Info

Authentication Type : null
HTTP Method : OPTIONS
Path Info : null
Path translated : null
Query string : null
Remote user : null
Requested session id : null
Request URI : /servlet
Context path :
Servlet path : /servlet
User principal : null

Servlet path and Request URI are incorrect.
Context path should be equal to "/servlet", right ?

Remy

[Catalina] Servlet Path + Session store

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@exoffice.com>.
> For the root context, context path should be "" (a zero-length string).
The
> context path matches the "path=" attribute of your <Context> element in
> conf/server.xml.

Ok, this is correct then. I thought it would match the url pattern from
web.xml. My mistake.

> However, it looks like this is still wrong -- your servlet should see:
>
>     Servlet path: /servlet/org.exolab.slide.webdav.Webdav
>     Path info: null
>
> in this scenario.  I will take a look at that problem.

Thanks for the fix !

Some Exoffice people are contributing to a Gnu db clone, called jdbm. I
guess it could be used for session object storage.
http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=4155

Remy

Re: [Catalina] Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/proposals/catalina/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/servlets DefaultServlet.java

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> > craigmcc    00/04/30 18:53:55
> >
> >   Modified:    proposals/catalina/src/share/org/apache/tomcat
> >                         HttpRequest.java
> >                proposals/catalina/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/core
> >                         ApplicationContext.java LocalStrings.properties
> >                         StandardContext.java StandardWrapperValve.java
> >                proposals/catalina/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/servlets
> >                         DefaultServlet.java
> >   Added:       proposals/catalina/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/core
> >                         ApplicationDispatcher.java WrappedRequest.java
> >   Log:
> >   Remove duplication method declaration from HttpRequest -- isSecure() is
> >   already declared in Request.
> >
> >   Correct the context mapping for the default servlet -- the requested
> >   resource should be passed as getServletPath(), not getPathInfo().
>
> It seems broken for servlet invocation.
> When I invoke http://127.0.0.1/servlet/org.exolab.slide.webdav.Webdav
>
> SlideDAV Request Info
>
> Encoding : ISO-8859-1
> Length : 0
> Type : null
>
> Parameters
>
> Protocol : HTTP/1.1
> Address : 127.0.0.1
> Host : 127.0.0.1
> Scheme : http
> Server Name : 127.0.0.1
> Server Port : 80
>
> Attributes
>
> HTTP Header Info
>
> Authentication Type : null
> HTTP Method : OPTIONS
> Path Info : null
> Path translated : null
> Query string : null
> Remote user : null
> Requested session id : null
> Request URI : /servlet
> Context path :
> Servlet path : /servlet
> User principal : null
>
> Servlet path and Request URI are incorrect.
> Context path should be equal to "/servlet", right ?

For the root context, context path should be "" (a zero-length string).  The
context path matches the "path=" attribute of your <Context> element in
conf/server.xml.

However, it looks like this is still wrong -- your servlet should see:

    Servlet path: /servlet/org.exolab.slide.webdav.Webdav
    Path info: null

in this scenario.  I will take a look at that problem.

> Remy

Craig