Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Dima Spivak <ds...@cloudera.com> on 2015/01/15 07:51:59 UTC

Alternative implementations of ClusterManager?

Hey folks,

I've been hacking about and trying to start making some contributions to
hbase-it this week, but have encountered a bit of a hurdle that some of you
might be able to help me get over.

In particular, according to the ref guide, cluster management (e.g. killing
RSs, starting a master) is handled by implementations of ClusterManager,
with the default being HBaseClusterManager. This makes sense and is the
source of the shell commands I see when I run things like ChaosMonkey from
the command line when executing an integration test. The ref guide also
states, though, that there are other implementations of ClusterManager,
including one for Apache Ambari that can be plugged in. My questions, then,
are:

1) Where is this Ambari implementation?

2) If I have the implementation in hand, how do I let ChaosMonkey know to
use it and not HBaseClusterManager to handle doing things to my distributed
cluster?

Cheers,
   Dima

Re: Alternative implementations of ClusterManager?

Posted by Dima Spivak <ds...@cloudera.com>.
Vandana,

Great, that's just what I was looking for. Looks like I just need to
specify a class in hbase-site using the hbase.it.clustermanager.class
property and then ITU will pick it up from the classpath. Thanks for the
pointer.

Enis,

Okie doke, glad that I'm not just really bad at searching the code :). I'll
file a docs JIRA to bring the ref guide up to date for anyone else playing
with this stuff.

Thanks again,
   Dima

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.