Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Saravanan Ponnusamy, EAS-Chennai" <sa...@hcl.in> on 2007/01/30 10:27:06 UTC

Building struts application

Hi

How to build struts application using Maven 1.1?

Can you show me some guidance?

Thanks

Sarav

DISCLAIMER:

Re: Building struts application

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Saravanan Ponnusamy, EAS-Chennai wrote:
> Hi
>
> How to build struts application using Maven 1.1?
>
> Can you show me some guidance?

Start at the Maven 1 home page [1] to learn how to build projects with
Maven (or the main page [2] if you can use Maven 2, which I'd recommend
doing if it's an option).

Use this list if you have questions that are specific to Struts,
otherwise you should direct you Maven questions to their mailing lists [3].

L.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/
[2] http://maven.apache.org/
[3] http://maven.apache.org/mail-lists.html

Re: Building struts application

Posted by 秋秋 <qi...@gmail.com>.
Hi
   I'm sorry to tell you I am not familiar with maven 1.0,I used maven 2 in
my project,you know,the maven 1 is very different from mven 2,maven 2 is
rewrite by the author base on maven 1, I suggest you  to use maven for your
project,and how to use maven 2 to build a project?I did it follow these
step:
1.install maven 2 on you computer.set the %MAVEN_HOME%/bin to the path.
2,build project direct follow the direct structure of maven's standard like
the following:

*src/main/java*

*Application/Library sources*

src/main/resources

Application/Library resources

src/main/filters

Resource filter files

src/main/assembly

Assembly descriptors

src/main/config

Configuration files

src/main/webapps

Web application sources

src/test/java

Test sources

src/test/resources

Test resources

src/test/filters

Test resource filter files

src/site

Site

LICENSE.txt

Project's license

README.txt

Project's readme

you can also user the maven commands to builder project auto like this:

    1.

      )WebApp

mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-webapp

-DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-webapp

    1.

      )App

mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.ap -DartifactId=my-app

3.program
4.build jar or war package.
it is hard,and I can't package my project successful,It's very pleasure for
me to receive your mail,It's my fist time to send e_mail to maven org
today,and I am come from shenzhen china ,my english is very poor,I don't
know where you have see my e_mail,pleage tell me the site,thanks,and I hope
I can communicate with you since,so that I can improve my english level,OK?

sam