Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu> on 2019/04/07 11:23:50 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Netbeans Standalone Java Hints Tool 11.0 (incubating) [vote candidate 1]

Hi Jan,

Am Sonntag, den 07.04.2019, 11:30 +0200 schrieb Jan Lahoda:
> I'd like to release the standalone Java Hints tool ("jackpot") based on
> Apache NetBeans 11.0.

could you please give a sample how to use it. I now managed to build it
after some fiddeling, but I don't see how to use it.

Randomly playing, I notices, that there is something fishy. According
to the CLI output, this should show me a GUI:

./jackpot --show-gui --config-file test.config

but is silently fails.

Running with debug I get:

matthias@athena:~/tmp/x/x/jackpot$ ./jackpot --debug --show-gui --config-file test.config
Apr. 07, 2019 1:19:29 NACHM. org.openide.util.lookup.MetaInfServicesLookup search
INFORMATION: null
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.netbeans.modules.web.common.remote.RemoteURLMapper
	at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:583)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)
	at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521)
	at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:398)
	at org.openide.util.lookup.MetaInfServicesLookup.search(MetaInfServicesLookup.java:306)
	at org.openide.util.lookup.MetaInfServicesLookup.beforeLookup(MetaInfServicesLookup.java:131)
	at org.openide.util.lookup.MetaInfServicesLookup.beforeLookupResult(MetaInfServicesLookup.java:110)
	at org.openide.util.lookup.AbstractLookup.lookup(AbstractLookup.java:458)
	at org.openide.util.lookup.ProxyLookup$R.initResults(ProxyLookup.java:365)
	at org.openide.util.lookup.ProxyLookup$R.addLookupListener(ProxyLookup.java:464)
	at org.openide.filesystems.URLMapper.reset(URLMapper.java:92)
	at org.openide.filesystems.URLMapper.<clinit>(URLMapper.java:82)
	at org.netbeans.modules.jackpot30.cmdline.lib.Utils.createDefaultBootClassPath(Utils.java:122)
	at org.netbeans.modules.jackpot30.cmdline.Main$RootConfiguration.<init>(Main.java:866)
	at org.netbeans.modules.jackpot30.cmdline.Main.compile(Main.java:189)
	at org.netbeans.modules.jackpot30.cmdline.Main.main(Main.java:121)

matthias@athena:~/tmp/x/x/jackpot$

The JDK looks reasonably sane:

matthias@athena:~/tmp/x/x/jackpot$ java -version
openjdk version "11.0.1" 2018-10-16
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.1+13-Ubuntu-3ubuntu3.18.10.1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.1+13-Ubuntu-3ubuntu3.18.10.1, mixed mode, sharing)
matthias@athena:~/tmp/x/x/jackpot$

Greetings

Matthias

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Netbeans Standalone Java Hints Tool 11.0 (incubating) [vote candidate 1]

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 6:26 PM Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>
wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> thank you for the hint. With that I was able to test the functionality
> on the JNA code base. There are hints, that cause
> IllegalArgumentExceptions (run with the netbeans config file), but in
> general it works as I would expect.
>
> The formal parts: checksums and signatures look good. What I'm missing
> is the source code repository for the source file. This does not look
> like the right one:
>
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans-jackpot30

I've forgot to mention: this is only the part under the "cmdline" directory
there.

> The licenses/notice look strange though and are hard to verify. The one
> for the source zip looks good. The one for the the binaries looks
> strange though. I'm surprised to see JUnit, JLine and google prettify
> there. Are they all included? There is also a reference to the servlet-
> api (in the NOTICE file) and to a bunch of apache commons files, is
> that intended?

This tools includes (classes from) lucene-core-3.5.0.jar, and this text in
LICENSE/NOTICE is taken verbatim from the lucene-core-3.5.0.jar's LICENSE
and NOTICE (in the same way as the NetBeans IDE uses them). At least I
think this is what you see. Other libraries included are joptsimple and
ByteBuddy(+ASM).

I believe that in the IDE, the final decision was to keep the Lucene's
LICENSE/NOTICE as they are, despite being weird. Although I may be wrong
here.

Jan

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
Hi Jan,