Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com> on 2016/03/07 19:43:05 UTC

Warnings are now errors for the debug build on CDH5-trunk

I committed a patch that makes any warnings compile errors (and fixes the
irritating DISABLE_COPY_AND_ASSIGN warning that had crept into the build).
Currently this only applies to the debug build, so GVMs will fail if a
patch introduces compile warnings. Release and ASAN will come later, but
have been left out for now.

Let me know if you run into any issues with the change: it can be
irritating to have to fix compile warnings when you are iterating on code,
but I think it's worth it to have clean compiles.

- Tim

Re: Warnings are now errors for the debug build on CDH5-trunk

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Got it, that makes sense!

-Todd

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>.