Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2008/08/23 03:57:09 UTC

slight change to UIMA Jira - wiki-style markup enabled for "description" and "comment" fields

Jira allows fields to be rendered either with a Default Text Renderer or
a rich-text renderer (the Atlassian Wiki Renderer).  Info here:
http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/v3.12/configurerenderers.html

Some Apache projects have the rich text renderer enabled; see for example:
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQCPP-186

Eddie was trying to block quote another person's comment, and it wasn't working, so I asked infra if they could enable this for our project, because I didn't have enough karma to do this.  Jukka Zitting did it.

I realize now that I should have asked our community of developers if they preferred this capability or not.  I prefer having a richer markup for description and comment fields in Jira (those were the only ones affected).

In any case, its use is optional.  The markup, if you wish to use it, is the same as for our wiki.  The markup capabilities are described here: http://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=all

-Marshall

Re: slight change to UIMA Jira - wiki-style markup enabled for "description" and "comment" fields

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Marshall Schor wrote:
> Jira allows fields to be rendered either with a Default Text Renderer or
> a rich-text renderer (the Atlassian Wiki Renderer).  Info here:
> http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/v3.12/configurerenderers.html
>
> Some Apache projects have the rich text renderer enabled; see for example:
> https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQCPP-186
>
> Eddie was trying to block quote another person's comment, and it wasn't working, so I asked infra if they could enable this for our project, because I didn't have enough karma to do this.  Jukka Zitting did it.
>
> I realize now that I should have asked our community of developers if they preferred this capability or not.  I prefer having a richer markup for description and comment fields in Jira (those were the only ones affected).
>
> In any case, its use is optional.  The markup, if you wish to use it, is the same as for our wiki.  The markup capabilities are described here: http://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=all

It's not optional as I understand "optional".  If I inadvertently
use Wiki syntax, it will format my text, right?  Whatever.