Posted to cli-dev@httpd.apache.org by Yussef Alkhamrichi <ya...@hotmail.com> on 2004/11/05 19:45:59 UTC

configuration problem

I've tested the 2.0 release and voted positive for it, but as I've made a
descision to permenantly host a web application on apache+mod_aspnet I've
encountered the following problem. I don't know if I'm configurating
something wrong or it is really a bug.

The problem has to do with the configuration of HttpModules:

my aspnet.config reads:

AddHandler asp.net asax ascx ashx asmx aspx axd config cs csproj \
       	   licx rem resources resx soap vb vbproj vsdisco webinfo
AspNetMount /IssueTracker "D:/www/IssueTracker"
Alias /IssueTracker "D:/www/IssueTracker"
<Directory "D:/www/IssueTracker">
	Options FollowSymlinks Indexes Includes ExecCGI
	DirectoryIndex Default.htm Default.aspx
</Directory>

and my web.config:

<system.web>
	<httpModules>
		<add name="TrustedAuthenticationModule"
type="TrustedSecurity.TrustedAuthenticationModule, TrustedSecurity" />
	</httpModules>
</system.web>

When I open the website I get the following error

Server Error in '/IssueTracker' Application.
Configuration Error
Parser Error Message: The module 'TrustedAuthenticationModule' is already in
the application and cannot be added again

It seems the configuration file is being configured twice somehow, maybe
this has to do .config file inheritance in combination with the use of
virtual directories? If I change the httpmodule section to the following
everything goes right:

	<httpModules>
		<clear/>
		<add name="TrustedAuthenticationModule"
type="TrustedSecurity.TrustedAuthenticationModule, TrustedSecurity" />
		<add name="OutputCache" type="System.Web.Caching.OutputCacheModule"/>
		<add name="Session" type="System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule"/>
		<add name="UrlAuthorization"
type="System.Web.Security.UrlAuthorizationModule"/>
		<add name="FileAuthorization"
type="System.Web.Security.FileAuthorizationModule"/>
		<add name="ErrorHandlerModule" type="System.Web.Mobile.ErrorHandlerModule,
System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
	</httpModules>

What I'm doing here is obvious, I first clear everything and then add my
custom HttpModule and the default ones.

(Sorry for causing all this traffic on this thread, I hope it isn't getting
anoying)

MSN Search, for accurate results! http://search.msn.nl