Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Artamonov, Juri" <ja...@fusionone.com> on 2006/02/15 16:44:35 UTC

Maven possibilities

I would like to ask the group about possibilities to do the following
things
with Maven.

I would like to use it for gathering our files into big folder, i.e
like for example what is required for this release/patch.

For example one file could be copied from one location (not from
Repository if it's legacy) to another, then for another project just
some files could
be checkout, then we have like numbered delta files that can be
checked out as well but I need also filter them in order to take only
files that have greater number than specified.

As I understand I can have this information in the POM for every
component for some plugin in configuration part but how to tell to
Maven that it should use only this information and not to do the build
oro not to use for example
building information or deploment information? Also seems I need to
start Maven for every component that is gathering for release.

Any advices?

Thanks in advance,
                              Juri.

Re: Maven possibilities

Posted by Damian Krzeminski <da...@pingtel.com>.
Artamonov, Juri wrote:
> I would like to ask the group about possibilities to do the following
> things
> with Maven.
>
> I would like to use it for gathering our files into big folder, i.e
> like for example what is required for this release/patch.

I tried something like that with assembly plugin (specifically assembly:directory)
It's quite flexible since you can describe the layout of your resulting directory in a separate .xml
file. I liked the concept but the documentation on assembly plugin is quite rudimentary, so be
prepared to read source code.