Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2014/04/26 17:54:11 UTC

FlexUnit 4.3 prepared to be able to do Maven Releases

Ok ... so I got further than I expected today ... Actually I'm finished :-)

What I changed:

- Updated the metadata in the pom.template to match the requirements of Apache releases.

- Updated the ant scripts to perform the releases to the Apache instead of the Sonatype repos.

- Updated the Sample Maven application to use Flexmojos 7.1.0-SNAPSHOT and Apache Flex 4.12.

- Tested a release to my private Artifactory instance (Worked great).

!!! IMPORTANT NOTE !!!!

In parallel I updated Flexmojos 7.1.0-SNAPSHOT to be able to work with FlexUnit artifacts having a groupId of "org.apache.flex.flexunit".

What actually needs to be done in order to deploy the artifacts in the next release is:

- The person doing the release has to have PGP correctly setup

- Add a settings.xml file to your user home (~/.m2/settings.xml) and provide the credentials for deploying artifacts to Apaches Staging repo

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<settings xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.1.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.1.0.xsd" xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.1.0"

    <servers>

                               <!-- Apache Maven Servers -->

                               <server>

                                               <id>apache.snapshots.https</id>

                                               <username>{myapacheuserid}</username>

                                               <password>{myapachepassword}</password>

                               </server>

                               <server>

                                               <id>apache.releases.https</id>

                                               <username>{myapacheuserid}</username>

                                               <password>{myapachepassword}</password>

                               </server>

    </servers>

</settings>

- Start the FlexUnit build:

ant apache-maven -Dmaven-pgp-passphrase={pgp-passphrase}

As soon as we have gotten this far we probably have to verify the staged artifacts and then release the stage to make them officially released and available. But we'll continue here as soon as Infra have setup everything correctly.

All changes have been committed to the development branch.

Chris

AW: FlexUnit 4.3 prepared to be able to do Maven Releases

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok ... I agree.

But sill ... I wouldn't recommend doing that too fast ... we need to settle some things first. Currently the flexunit build on jenkins doesn't seem to run even if the build went through SUCCESSFULLY.
And I noticed quite a lot of "adobe" in there, that we should have a look at first. The Maven example referenced a really old Flexmojos version and used one of Velos old Adobe FDKs ... I updated that, but I would like to go through all of this a little more detailed. Same with BlazeDS ... I think we should reference our Apache FlexUnit and not some legacy FlexUnit release. And those were only the things that popped up in my eyes.

Chris

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

AW: FlexUnit 4.3 prepared to be able to do Maven Releases

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
I wasn't expecting us to push out the door a new release one week after the last :-)

What I did notice, is that we now have several new modules that could use a little streamlining. When trying to build BlazeDS it seemed to reference some quite old FlexUnit versions ... getting everything up to date and releasing them in the right order seems sensible. For example a new FlexUnit release would enable us to use this in the first Apache release of BlazeDS and so on.

Chris

>But I have to admit that I have never done an Apache release before.
>So a little coaching from you guys would be great :)

Side note, I would like to get one bug fix in before we release too. After this release, I think we should update Mockolate and Hamcrest version compatibility as well.

Mike

RE: FlexUnit 4.3 prepared to be able to do Maven Releases

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok ... glad to help.
But I have to admit that I have never done an Apache release before.
So a little coaching from you guys would be great :)

Chris

That's great news, Chris.  Do you want to be the release manager for 4.3?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Cool :-)