Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by georg chambert <ge...@telia.com> on 2013/09/16 13:06:10 UTC

[users@httpd] Handling of picture sizing / clipping

I have made a page where i have several frames with pictures displayed in each

(the src=  directive in the FRAME element used to point to .jpg file )

however I have a problem, the pictures get truncated/clipped on some browsers/machines out there,

I think I have concluded on the cause; my computer screen is set to a higher resolution in terms of pix width and hight,
och my development machine, while the browers that clipp probably run on a lower setting for the screen (?)

so what would be the rational to handle this, can PHP/HTTP or someone give me informatation on the pix settings
on a requsting computer ?  or some other good thing to do

regards
georg

Re: [users@httpd] Handling of picture sizing / clipping

Posted by Hendrik Schmieder <he...@jedox.com>.
georg chambert schrieb:
> I have made a page where i have several frames with pictures displayed
> in each
> (the src= directive in the FRAME element used to point to .jpg file )
> however I have a problem, the pictures get truncated/clipped on some
> browsers/machines out there,
> I think I have concluded on the cause; my computer screen is set to a
> higher resolution in terms of pix width and hight,
> och my development machine, while the browers that clipp probably run on
> a lower setting for the screen (?)
> so what would be the rational to handle this, can PHP/HTTP or someone
> give me informatation on the pix settings
> on a requsting computer ? or some other good thing to do
> regards
> georg

I know that you can get this information via Javascript, but I doubt
that any browser send this information to the server.

   Hendrik

Re: [users@httpd] Handling of picture sizing / clipping

Posted by Stefan Pielmeier <st...@symlinux.com>.
Hi Georg,

It sounds like the frame size is too small for your picture in some cases.

Maybe you can check if the frame size is in pixels and the picture is in pixels as well. If one of them is just relative in % or something like that, you could end up with a picture too large for the frame.

This you can do by reviewing the HTML code of the page you send to the client.

If that doesn't help, I would try to reproduce the problem in lab conditions. then check if the transfer of the pictures is completed by
-  checking the apache log
- using wireshark

Hope it helps,
Stefan.