Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andres Ledesma <le...@telefonica.net> on 2004/02/25 15:41:56 UTC

another servlet-mapping question,.............

Hi everybody,

I got several servlets mapped on the web.xml file that works pretty fine on my
local tomcat installation, but when uploaded to the hosting server, I get a
400 Server Statuts Error, it complains the path to the server does not exist
!!!

My web.xml for the servlets is like this code ...

<servlet>
<servlet-name>validate_user</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.bs.crm.validateUser</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>validate_user</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/validate_user</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

Anybody can help  me ??

Thanx in advance !!

Andrew

Re: another servlet-mapping question,.............

Posted by BAO RuiXian <ru...@pp.inet.fi>.

Andres Ledesma wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>I got several servlets mapped on the web.xml file that works pretty fine on my
>local tomcat installation, but when uploaded to the hosting server, I get a
>400 Server Statuts Error, it complains the path to the server does not exist
>!!!
>
>My web.xml for the servlets is like this code ...
>
><servlet>
><servlet-name>validate_user</servlet-name>
><servlet-class>com.bs.crm.validateUser</servlet-class>
></servlet>

I don't know how it works in your local tomcat installation, but I think
the <servelt>..</servlet> pair should the
<servlet-mapping>..</servlet-mapping> pair.

Best

Bao

Posted by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>.
Andrew,

First what strikes me is that you say you are getting this error. Usually
with mapping issues, you get a resource not found.

Can you browse anything else on the hosting server?
Try putting just a static page up and see if you can get to it.

With mapping, a gotcha trick is the invoker. Do you have the invoker
uncommented in your main web.xml or your app's web.xml? If you do in the
main web.xml, the app will work on your machine and not on the hosing
server. Are you trying to access the servlet from the URL?

One other catch, are you referring to any of your servlets from jsp or html
pages? If so, are you using the form of  ./validate_user. With the mapping
that you have, you need all your references to be in this form or the app
will fail when on the hosting server.

One last thing you can do to ensure it is a mapping issue, AS A TEST you can
enable the invoker in your web.xml and then deploy to the server host. If it
then runs, then your problem is in the mappings or references to the
servlets as noted above.

Doug

www.parsonstechnical.com