Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by adel ben <ad...@excite.com> on 2001/09/28 15:54:58 UTC

how FOP uses fonts

Hi all,

I am working On adding arbic fonts to FOP. Do anyone know how FOP uses
fonts? should I alter or add some classes? or just configure FOP?
any help will be welcome.
with regards,
adel

Re: how FOP uses fonts

Posted by Daniel Pfuhl <pf...@yahoo.de>.
Hi,

if the glyphs are shown correctly in the document
and you are not able to find something using the
text-search option this is maybe the result of an
embedded font. afaik fop renders embedded fonts
to something like bit-stream-characters (correct
me if i'm wrong) these characters do not appear
as "normal" searchable text. i have the same
problem using embedded fonts.

hth

daniel

 --- Petr Zeman <Pe...@jlabs.cz> schrieb: > Hi,

>     I have problem with document created by FOP
> v.20.1 with embedded font - AcrobatReader for Win
> can't find any text in the document.
>
>     Petr Zeman

name=fonts.zip

=====