Posted to cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> on 2002/10/18 21:21:20 UTC

[Eclipse plugin] Target version of Eclipse

Hi,

We have to make a version as to what version of Eclipse we are targeting
with the Eclipse plugin.

I would suggest version 2.1 as it is already in milestone 2 and is
supposed to be out 1Q2003
(http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/eclipse_project_plan_2_1.htm
l).

Actually maybe we should try to make it run on both 2.0 and 2.1 ?

I'm asking this because I've noticed that the
JUnitBaseLaunchConfiguration class has changed between 2.0 and 2.1. For
example, whereas in 2.0 you would write:

        IType testType = getTestType(theConfiguration, javaProject);

In 2.1, you now write:

        IType[] testTypes = getTestTypes(theConfiguration, javaProject);

We can probably hide the differences by having a helper class/method
that does some introspection. However, it really depends on how much is
changed between 2.0 and 2.1 and I don't know the answer to that ...

What do you think?

Thanks
-Vincent

RE: [Eclipse plugin] Target version of Eclipse

Posted by IAS <ca...@iasandcb.pe.kr>.
If there's no serious factor on upgrading eclipse 2.0 to 2.1, I'd prefer
2.1 as the target version of the cactus plugin.
(Actually there have been some arguments about JDK 1.3 and JDK 1.4 in
respect to tomcat 5's java platform. The reason is natural: update 1.3
to 1.4 isn't that trivial, rather huge in reality.)

IAS

Independent Java Technology Evangelist
http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr

Jakarta Seoul Project Coordinator