Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by brijesh m <br...@yahoo.com> on 2008/07/25 09:55:25 UTC

end-user documentation for manufacturing

Hi friends,
I am highly confused over the manufacturing module of OFBiz to configure a simple manufacturing flow. I won't be able to find the relevant end-user documentation for the same though I have referred "Manager reference" and also "opentaps manual 0.9" but still basics things are not clear.
 I wondered how can someone adopt OFBiz if he/she can't find the relevant reference material. I am just expressing my feeling over it and not critisizing the product because I know OFBiz is really capable, I just want to find the way out.
Can you suggest me any other reference material apart from this.

Thanks
Brijesh M.

Re: end-user documentation for manufacturing

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
it is important to note that opentaps 0.9 is not using either the
release 4.0 or the trunk where considerable changes have been made.

Also note that ofbiz is a community driven project. I have been on an
ofbiz, actively since 2003. At that time there was little or no
documentation.
Most you see now is from the efforts of the community.
most user are Technical, and I agree the detailed user documents are
lacking for a non technical person.

The data model books, looking through the code and demo data, and this
mailing list are about as good as it gets.

hopefully if you stick with it, you can contribute for the next user.

brijesh m sent the following on 7/25/2008 12:55 AM:

Posted by Peter Ford <pe...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 2:56 PM, BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> wrote:

> Peter even for those that have considerable background,
> Ofbiz is a challenge to learn.
> it sounds like you have the back ground about ofbiz so why not share
> your knowledge by adding to the mailing list and wiki
> I am sure all would be greatful

BJ, I will show you my knowledge soon.

--
Peter Ford
USA

Re: end-user documentation for manufacturing

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Peter Ford <pe...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 2:35 PM, brijesh m <br...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
> I can contribute back to the community only when I am at stage of doing so.
> And as far as my understanding is concerned i don't think anyone can
> understand thoroughly all the concepts using these reference materials and
> if you did it then why can't you show your capabilities here ?

I don't want to waste my time for the person who even don't know how to
request from community.
You want to see my capabilities, then let me clear that I don't want to show
you those :-)
Sorry to say, but be polite.

--
Peter Ford
USA

Re: end-user documentation for manufacturing

Posted by brijesh m <br...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Peter,

--
Peter Ford
USA

Re: end-user documentation for manufacturing

Posted by Peter Ford <pe...@gmail.com>.
Comments Inline

--
Peter Ford