Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Jasintha Dasanayaka <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/27 11:15:49 UTC

[AIRAVATA-339]-AMQP Messaging protocol support for Airavata WS-Messenger

Hi All

As I previously mentioned in the JIRA [0], I'm interested in adding
$subject for my GSoC 2012 project.I went through Documentation, some
resources and came across following summery of the $subject

*Aim*

Once this is implemented a AMQP client will be able to subscribe to the
system and then receive notification via AMQP.

*Requirements*

According to my understanding the requirement is as follows.

A client should be able to subscribe and then receive notifications via
AMQP. Once the subscription happens via AMQP the notifications also need to
send (when they are available) via AMQP to subscribed clients.

Current system Use WS Eventing and WS notification to handle this subscribe
and notification system so those messages formatted according to the WS
Eventing and WS notification specification

Example:

Subscribe Message

<s:Body ...>

<wse:Subscribe ...>

<wse:EndTo>endpoint-reference</wse:EndTo> ?

<wse:Delivery Mode="xs:anyURI"? >xs:any</wse:Delivery>

<wse:Expires>[xs:dateTime | xs:duration]</wse:Expires> ?

<wse:Filter Dialect="xs:anyURI"? > xs:any </wse:Filter> ?

</wse:Subscribe>

</s:Body>

Those specific message formats(for example subscription and notification)
should be able to sent via AMQ protocol so I need to write transport layer
to the system to send/receive and process the subscription received via
AMQP and send notifications via AMQP. Once this is implemented a AMQP
client will be able to subscribe to the system and then receive
notification via AMQP.

  [image: Inline image 1]

 *Implementation*

The implementation details will as follows.

The new module that will be added into the existing system will consists of
two parts.

   1.

   AMQP transport layer
   2.

   AMQP message processor

The AMQP transport which consists of a AMQP reciever and sender pair will
act as the server for receiving subscription requests and sending the
notifications to the list of subscribers later.

The AMQP message processor module will process the AMQP message into the
existing message format and also will convert the existing message format
into AMQP messages when sending the notifications back.

These days I'm trying out those existing subscriber system and try to
understand it's implementations also I am studding those papers mentioned
by Suresh

 Also I hope to discuss How should be implemented and what kind of AMQP
library should be used in the future mails

Any suggestions, pointers to the things I've missed are very much
appreciated.

Thank you
/Jasintha

References

[0]-https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-339

[1]-http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/xgws/messenger/

[2]-WS-Eventing Specification

--
*Thanks & Regards

Jasintha Dasanayake
MSc  Student , SHU Uk

*mobile +94 772 916 596 ,

Re: [AIRAVATA-339]-AMQP Messaging protocol support for Airavata WS-Messenger

Posted by Jasintha Dasanayaka <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lahiru

Thank you for your quick respond and guidelines.I will follow those things
and update this thread ASAP.

 BTW in my previous mail i have added image(Which describe the high level
view of the component)  If you have trouble viewing  that image  here I
have re-attached it

/Jasintha

--
*Thanks & Regards