Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Nagarajan Murugesan <NM...@Selectica.com> on 2003/12/12 14:59:04 UTC

Scope of the ANT property!!!

Hi All,

What is the scope of the property value in a build file.
I want to change the property value in between the build process.

For Example:

project name="Installation" default="run">

	<target name="run">

  	<property name="count" value="I"/>
  	<echo>${count}</echo>

  	<property name="count" value="II"/>
  	<echo>${count}</echo>

	</target>
</project>

But in both the echo command it gives the same value. Is there a way to
change property value?

Thanks,
Nagarajan

Re: Scope of the ANT property!!!

Posted by Antoine Lévy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com>.
Properties once set cannot be changed with the <property/> task.
Ant-Contrib or Antelope has a variable task which allows to change values.
But maybe there is a proper way of doing what you want to do with ant.

Antoine