Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aravind Naidu <ar...@eha.net> on 2001/08/04 15:42:12 UTC

big5 problem with Tomcat on RedHat 7.1

This may not be Tomcat's problem but I am hoping someone will point me in
the right direction.

I have 2 installations, one Tomcat 3.2.1 on RedHat 6.2 and the other Tomcat
3.2.3 on RedHat 7.1

I have a JSP file with the following tag
<META http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css" charset="big5">

The RedHat 6.2 machine delivers Big5 characters properly, while the RedHat
7.1's Tomcat server does not.

Environment is that Tomcat is standalone and the JDK is IBM 1.3

-- Aravind

Solved (was: RE: big5 problem with Tomcat on RedHat 7.1)

Posted by Aravind Naidu <ar...@eha.net>.
Solved the problem. For others interested.
By default Tomcat 3.2.1 uses a 8859-1 and 3.2.3 ISO-8859-1 and just
explicitly setting the page directive in the JSP overcame the problem.

<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=big5" %>

-- Aravind