Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/24 22:49:24 UTC

Roller 6.1.1 RC #1 to fix MySQL 5.7 upgrade problem

I put together a release that fixes the upgrade problem with old MySQLs:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/roller/roller-6.1/v6.1.1

I'm not going to call a release vote yet, because I think there might be
other fixes we want to get in.

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Roller 6.1.1 RC #1 to fix MySQL 5.7 upgrade problem

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.
i keep getting surprised how bad the compatibility of SQL is. Even
simple statements need special casing. At lest newer MySQL can use the
standard alter/rename syntax.

thanks for fixing this Dave,

michael

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
I don't think that is the right behavior.

Dave

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.