Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it> on 2005/04/09 22:41:36 UTC

Re: ClamAV Exception saving changes (header)

John,

It is not a problem.

What happens is that there exist some "malformed" messages, typically spam, that cause this ParseException inside
javax.mail.internet.MimeBodyPart.updateHeaders.

It happens sometimes in my system too, and they are "always" spam.

In any case, ClamAVScan at that point has already done its job, and if a virus has been found the setAttribute has been
already issued and hence the infected message will be intercepted afterwards by a HasMailAttributeWithValue matcher
call. If this exception is thrown, it is simply ignored and the header is not written, which is not so important.

Vincenzo

P.S. I'm posting this message to the server-user list too as it may be of interest for others.