Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/01 16:23:34 UTC

Re: Parameter value *inconsistent* in HTTP Request HTTPClient Sampler

On 30/09/2008, nickvalo@hotmail.com <ni...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am getting almost random, or at least unexpected, values for a parameter sent with an HTTP Request sampler.  I am trying to pass a page number as a parameter to a GET request to signify the page of the result set to display on a Web page.  Here is the specific case:
>
>  -- HTTP Request HTTPClient sampler with a parameter "PageNum" set to a variable incremented by 1 using the __intSum function.  This is a child of a While controller.  I've tried it with the ${__intSum(${pagenum},1,pagenum)} function as the parameter value in the HTTP Request, as well as a simple variable such as ${pagenum} which is incremented in the While controller condition field.
>
>  -- The expected first value for the PageNum parameter is 2, whereas the first time through the While loop, the actual value is 3 or 5 or some seemingly random value.
>
>  -- At first i thought it could be a scoping issue where the PageNum variable was being updated outside the While controller or an variable initialization problem, but after more investigation it didn't seem to be the case.
>
>  -- Finally, I set the parameter value to a fixed value of 2 (for example) ... AND EVEN SO, the first time through the While loop the parameter is passed with the GET request as some random number (i.e., not "2").  The second time through the while loop, it does get set to the correct value of "2".
>
>  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

It's difficult to say what the problem is without a sample test plan,
because it depends exactly where the functions are placed.

Have you tried adding some Debug Samplers to the plan to show the values?
That might help pin things down.

Can you create a Bugzilla issue and attach the JMX file?
Redact any private info first - but make sure the plan still fails!
Or send me a copy of the JMX file privately?

Please do not send it to the list.

Need help on Access Log Sampler

Posted by Rekha_Arsi <Re...@satyam.com>.
Hi all,

     Please tell me how can I use access log sampler in my test plan. what is the actual purpose of using access log sampler.

Please give me one example of implementing access log sampler in jmeter.

Thanks and Regards

Rekha Arsi
Mobile : 9866501404

DISCLAIMER:

Re: Re: Parameter value *inconsistent* in HTTP Request HTTPClient Sampler

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23/02/2009, nickvalo@hotmail.com <ni...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I recently stepped into the JMeter code to find the cause of this issue I posted a while back.  It turns out that since there was an HTML Link Parser in the global scope, JMeter was parsing the potential links from the previous response and selecting one of the links at random, then submitting it in lieu of my hardcoded URL + hardcoded parameter that I had on the HTTP Sampler.
>
>  Any ideas whether this is expected behavior or a bug?  I would expect for this behavior to occur only if I use the .* as the parameter value, but not in my case with a hard-coded value for the URL and parameter.

Difficult to say if it is a bug without more details of the sampler settings.

The docs say "Matches are performed using protocol, host, path and
parameter names."  which does not mention parameter values.

I don't know why the example uses ".*" for the value; this does not
seem to agree with the previously quoted statement.

Posted by ni...@hotmail.com.