Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org> on 2018/06/10 08:32:18 UTC

Second MNG-6344

Folks,

who seconds MNG-6344 (Guice upgrade) for 3.5.4? All ITs pass.

Michael

Re: Second MNG-6344

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Sun 10 Jun 2018 at 09:32, Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> who seconds MNG-6344 (Guice upgrade) for 3.5.4? All ITs pass.
>

> Michael

Sent from my phone

Re: Second MNG-6344

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
I posted some background why Maven currently uses the no-AOP build in
https://github.com/apache/maven/pull/169#issuecomment-396177378

Re: Second MNG-6344

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.

Re: Second MNG-6344

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
I'm a bit worried about the no_aop drop. I'm pretty sure Stuart would have
noticed this in the past.
I'm very proud we can say that even Maven 3.0 still runs on the latest JDK
version, introducing bytecode parsers like ASM might block this benefit
with future versions. Don't think we need it.

Robert